Monday, August 2, 2010

A Sneaky Theif Is After Your Birthday Cake

OK. So admittedly sometimes I do not sleep well. I have theories on this, but the long and short of it is that left alone I gravitate toward a night owl type schedule. I change it back to fit the lives of my non-night owly children, but at the expense of a bit of my creativity.

So here I am at 3 a.m. being a night owl. You can hear a pin drop. For whatever reason, I did not go back into town today. I really wish I had. Pulling this stunt at the Bunker would have gone over much better. So. It's three. A.M. I decide to tuck myself in. Inevitably, Dad's laptop is still on and open so I have to deal with it. So I close it and start looking around for something to cover the HP icon that continues to glaringly light the room. Must. Have. Darkness! I don't have any glasses on. It's late. I find a cardboard feeling thingy and pick it up.

A voice screeches into the slumbering darkness, "A SNEAKY THEIF IS STEALING YOUR BIRTHDAY CAKE!" and it isn't one voice but a chorus of out-of-sync voices rolling around demonically and laughing as they talk. I have never heard anything so deafening in all my life!

I let out what can only be honestly described as a very girly scream, levitated, and began flapping about trying to shut down what I finally realized was...

...one of Squib's talking birthday cards.

Suffice it to say the whole house is awake.
This is sooooo me.

Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment