Friday, July 23, 2010

Zoo Day

After much debate about the security of cages and responsibilities of zookeepers, Dad and I finally packed Squib into the car today and headed for the Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin. It was Squib's first trip to a zoo and his first ride on a train, so he was levitating the entire time. It was wonderful! You should always take an excited kid with you to the zoo. It makes it twice the fun. Ok, three times.

The zoo has somewhere around seven hundred animals. It's heavy on birds, turtles/tortoises, and reptiles. It has a great African exhibit with an underwater viewing deck for the hippos (if they are accommodating). The alligators were HUGE and "very stary" and I missed them while I was buying a map so I had to see them alone 'cause Squib didn't want to walk by them a second time. I second the "very stary" vote.

It was completely shaded and well organized. If you've got a five-year-old it's about all they can handle in one day. I would have spent more time seeing each animal, but I am...me. I like to see, watch, photograph, and write about. Squib is not there yet.

After two train rides, Squib said, "I think I'm ready to go home now, Momma."

Perfect timing.
Pictures tomorrow.
Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment