Thursday, December 6, 2012

Comfortably Numb

Mimi fell. Couldn't get up.

Baba called. Flustered.

Buddy and I were in a whole other town getting drywall.

Mimi had to stay on the floor with Baba staring at her until we got home.

Things were eventually set to rights.

(Mimi still feels like she was dropped from space).

Buddy decided to use a mallet to hammer the drywall into place.

My pinkie was still between the drywall and the stud.

Ow.

I'm now sitting here in disbelief that you spell pinkie with an "ie." Whatever.

This is just to say that some days would just be better spent laying on the floor of one's office listening to Pink Floyd in one's pajamas.

Wishing my pinkie was comfortably numb.
Scat

P.S. I still think it's "pinky" but several dictionaries are arguing both. At the same time!! I can't take it when the dictionary doesn't have the cojones to make up its mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment