Saturday, June 12, 2010

Now, with feeling!!

Ten "Little" Things That Absolutely Keep Me Alive:
(in no order of priority...as usual)

1. Cold Dr.Pepper over crushed ice with a bendy straw. Bendy straws are an important part of that equation.

2. "Three Kisses." No matter what, coming or going, morning or night, happy or sad, I always get three kisses from Squib. Three for him (one on the right cheek, one on the forehead, one on the left cheek), three for me, and three for Blue (the dog). They often come with a hug.

3. Slobbery, open-mouth kisses from Beanstalk that come with hugs so tight I have to ask him to quit so I can breathe. They are actually becoming painful, but I don't have the heart to make him stop, so I won't.

4. Waltzing with Beanstalk. This begins normally and increases in tempo until you crash in a heap on the ground. Good technique, a little maniacal with the pace. Done with a big grin and much shrieking. He has great promise as a dancer. Warms the cockles of my heart. (cockles?--spelling?)

5. My iPod/iPhone and my cool earplug headphones.

6. Sweaty boys cuddling in bed at night because they are "stared." When they learn to pronounce their "k" sounds I shall miss their mangled pronounciations.

7. Making music and watching shows with Attrition. Best brother in the world. We just started "Lie to Me."

8. Reading stuff. Anything, everything, lots, and often.

9. Water. In lakes, rivers, pools, bathtubs, showers, and water hoses.

10. Thunder storms. Big, rollicking, rip-roaring, ground-shaking boomers. They "stare" Squib to death, but they make me feel really peaceful and sort of in awe of nature.

Only ten things this time...there are so many more!!!
Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment