Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Weirdest People Live Here...


     I was leaning over the deck railing last night looking at Squib's latest driveway art and saw what you see above. Time was when I'd get my keester blistered for writing on the house, but here we are later taking notes on it. Not THIS we, but the other ones that run around unsupervised while I'm away during the week.

    Which...brings to mind what must have been the whole point of Squib's line of inquiry last night. "Mommy can I write on the steps?" Uh, the steps the to the deck, no. We do NOT write on the house....then in a random photo of my toe (yes, the original shot is of my toe--the little pink thing there) I discover that, in fact "we" do write on the house and he was asking me "since Clanpaw writes on the house, can I write on the house, too?" Raising children here has its challenges. "No, honey, you may not write on the house. I realize Clanpaw wrote on the house, but the rules are different for YOU." No, that won't fly. Uh, let's see. "I realize Clanpaw wrote on the house, but he's nuts and you aren't." No, Clanpaw won't like that at all. Uh, help me now I'm running out of options, "The elves made him do it!!! Just say no!!!" That would freak Squib out completely. And I really hate using "because I said so."

   So, alas, we are at a standoff. I think I left it at "No...(contortions of the face)...ugh...I just...NO. No more writing on the house by anyone." Where did I put that sander? I'm gonna fix this now...

Whodathunkit...
Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment