Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Never Ceases to Amaze Me...

We did some work for another company a while back. The data they gave us was in the worst shape you could possibly imagine and we used every trick we knew of and made up a few we'd never heard of to get the best interpretation we possibly could.

When we finally were able to make sense of it and return our analysis, I was convinced that would be the last we ever heard from them. They were pretty convinced they could make better sense of the 3D data than we could and I was so tired of looking at it that I didn't care. There are only so many miracles a human being can work. I believe that number is somewhere around zero.

So, when they called this a.m. wanting a meeting TOMORROW to do some more work for the same client, I was, to say the least, flabbergasted. As long as the work doesn't come with the chronic pessimism and worry they seem to function under, fine. So, OK...

The way we left things with them was, well, strained and trying to understand their request is like, well, it's like trying to understand an 83-yr-old wanting a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition figure.

I love my job. -or- Here we go again?
Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment