Monday, March 8, 2010

Refuse

Squib: So, what are you dunnah do wiff me? (He starts every conversation like this. It usually means he wants something).

Me: When?

Squib: When Daddy comes. (He means on Sunday).

Me: I'm not sure what you're after here, kiddo.

Squib: Are we going somewhere? (Simply restated, he means "I want to go somewhere." Translating can be exasperating. Even if it's only for me).

Me: Where do you want to go?

Squib: Untabin's (Not translating the name in an effort to continue protecting the innocent).

Me: Yes, after church, we're going to (Attrition)'s house.

Squib: And what are you dunnah to do wiff me?

Silence (while I ponder what to do with him...life or death sort of pondering).

Me: What is it that you want me to say?

Squib: Will antawin be dere?

(Yes, I rolled my eyes).

Me: Yes, she will.

Squib: Are you sure?

Me: Yes I am.

Squib: I want her to frow me in the gawbidge.

O.K. I see it all very clearly now.

Scat

No comments:

Post a Comment